Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Reducing (Part 1)

 Cheap ‘green’ cleaner ~ Orange vinegar

I am sure you like oranges. I do and I used to discard peels, then I learned I could make an all-purpose cleaner using them.

Put the orange peels in a container (I use a plastic bottle) and then cover them with white vinegar. Make sure the liquid covers the peels and close the lid. Leave the mixture for at least two weeks. The vinegar will take the color and smell of oranges. Strain the orange peels out of the vinegar and store the orange vinegar in a container (try using a spray bottle with pump atomizer to avoid wasting the product).

If you do not have enough peels to fill the container, you may add more later. Just make sure you also add vinegar to cover them all.

Orange peels contain oil glands, which nourish wood so you can use this cleaner to polish wooden furniture. It is also an excellent degreasing cleaner.

We use the orange vinegar as a multi-purpose cleaner.



No comments:

Post a Comment